Struggling to spring out of bed on dark mornings? Remember, coffee is a Sirtfood and contrary to the popular belief that coffee is bad for you and dehydrating, considerable research now shows that drinking coffee is linked with numerous health benefits and counts towards your daily fluid intake if consumed regularly! Here’s some of the facts:
- It’s well-known to give you energy, improving your physical performance and it can also help burn fat by boosting your metabolic rate.
- It contains Vitamins B2, B3, B5, Manganese and Potassium.
- It appears to have protective effects on the liver and coffee drinkers have lower rates of liver cancer.
- Coffee can help fight depression and make you happier.
- Studies also show it may reduce your risk of Type II Diabetes, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia
It’s also the second most traded commodity on earth (after oil) and coffee ‘beans’ as we know them are actually the pit or seed of a cherry like berry, which grows on bushes. They were originally mixed with fat into energy-rich snack balls, not so different to our favourite energy balls today! Here are our top 3 coffee recipes from Yellow Kite Books:
Enter our competition to win the three books mentioned AND 6 packs of coffee from NotesCoffee.com, share your suggestions for a coffee recipe on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #BestCoffeeRecipe, or comment below (check the full terms and conditions here).