The Yellow Kite team have tried and tested lots of organic and cruelty free beauty products, in our quest for great skin, hair and a happy planet! They are a hot topic in our office and you can read about our author’s recommendations on their channels, including Deliciously Ella’s skincare regime, Shona Vertue’s curly hair care and Hazel Wallace’s tips to eat you way to beauty. These are our top five can’t-live-without beauty products from responsible brands:
- Rosehip oil. Rosehip oil is really great if you have any acne scarring or redness, and it’s super natural too! It should be used at night, as the last product you put on your face before sleep. You can find Rosehip oil in lots of health food shops, but Pai is a really great, cruelty free, natural AND vegan brand.
- John Masters Leave in Conditioner. It’s quite hard to find really effective, organic haircare products and this one is a winner if you have dry and difficult to control hair. John Masters is very reliable, and they do skincare too!
- Lush Sunblock. It’s been pretty hot in the UK recently, and those of us with pale skin haven’t known how to cope. Lush does one of the only easy to source cruelty free suncreams and it seems to be doing the job! Going into a Lush shop can be a bit of a sensory overload (so many smells! Colours! Overly enthusiastic staff!) but they sell some pretty good stuff and all of it is cruelty free (but do note a lot of it isn’t natural). We also really like the Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner and the Eau Roma water.
- OCC lip tars. OCC have been around for a while and make virtually apocalypse proof lipsticks that are both vegan and cruelty fee. We like their vintage red colour, but they do a huge range, everything from pink to grey and particularly notable metallic blue called ‘techopagan’.
- RMS Living Luminizer highlighter. This stuff is expensive, but really lovely. It makes you look shiny in an ethereal, rather than a sweaty, way. If you need any more justification, this is brand is completely cruelty free and strives to make products that are as natural as possible.
Let us know if you’ve found any brilliant brands or products below or on @yellowkitebooks on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, we are always keen to add to our list!