This is one of the recipes Matt and I make the most at home; I’ve been making them almost every week for the last year. I always make extra rice when I’m cooking one of our stews or curries so that I can throw this together the next day. I love it with lots of sriracha.
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 large handfuls of spinach (about 100g)
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 500g cooked rice (we use brown basmati rice; cook 175g if you don’t have leftovers)
- salt and pepper
- sriracha or hot sauce, to serve
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once warm, add the red and spring onions, garlic, turmeric and lots of salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes before adding the tofu. Mix well, ensuring the tofu gets coated in the turmeric.
- Add the peas, peppers, spinach, tamari and rice and cook for another couple of minutes before serving, making sure the rice is piping hot and heated through thoroughly (see TIP below).
TIP If you are reheating rice, make sure you only reheat it once and that it is piping hot before serving.
Recipe extracted from Deliciously Ella Quick & Easy.